Friday, August 26, 2011

Leaving at 4am

Yep, so tonight's my last night in the ol' US of A. I'm really excited to be going, despite having to leave at ungodly o'clock in the morning (that's 4am for all of you who didn't read the title...). So, I'm just going to stay up all night and crash on the plane. Healthy, no. Fun bonding time with the little sister, yes! Family has been calling me all day, despite the hecticness of the packing. It's been really nice to hear from everyone. :D

Yesterday was very busy with Mom, Em, and I rushing all over Madison looking for good omiyage (which is a type of souvenir/gift that is traditionally given at first meetings and after travel) to give to my host family. We finally found some very nice important chocolates and a picture book of Wisconsin for the coffee table. I hope they like it!

I also got a manicure and pedicure at a luxurious day spa. Mom got a massage and Em also got a manicure. Her nails are blue and shiny. My nails are pink and sparkly. When Mom saw them, she said, "I don't know why I'm surprised you got your nails that color, but I am." Silly Mom. Pink and sparkly shall rule the world one day!

Back to packing, as of 6:47pm (that's right now for me), I have all three bags packed and put in the trunk of our car. My purse is sitting  next to me and it's almost ready to go. Oh my, I'm so excited, I can barely wait!

My next post will be from Japan~!

No comments:

Post a Comment