Saturday, January 21, 2012

Japan HATES Credit Cards

So today I attempted to navigate a Japanese electronics website to buy a new lens for my camera.

...only to find out after jumping through all the hoops it had, that they didn't accept credit or debit cards.

Actually, Japan in general doesn't use credit cards that much. But it still kinda stung--I mean, here I was, willing to spend money, and the website wouldn't let me!! What made it worse was the fact that the type of Japanese bank account I have won't let me transfer money out of it because I'm not a Japanese national.

Fortunately, I had Hiromi (one of the R.A.s here in the dorms). Like me, she also has a very nice Nikon DSLR (digital single lens reflex) and we have bonded over cameras. ^_^ Hiromi helped me out by using her bank account to buy the lens and having me pay her in cash. Yaaaay! I'll be getting my camera by Wednesday next week at the latest!

Nothing much has been happening--I'm keeping kinda slow this week. I was going to go to Toji today, but the weather made me turn back. Happily, though, I'm heading to another one on the 25th, and going museum exploring in Kyoto with my friend Abby who just came back from her big trip in Kyushu!

No comments:

Post a Comment