Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kappa Sushi

So I finally made it to the popular destination with Kansai Gaidai students, the kaitenzushi restaurant, Kappa Sushi!
My current roommate, CC
Me and Ayaka (one of CC's Japanese friends)










So, I've talked about kaitenzushi before--it's translated as conveyer belt sushi and involves choosing the sushi of your choice as a conveyer belt brings it from the kitchen and through the restaurant. At Kappa Sushi, if you make a special order using the computer, it will be sent to you via a mini Shinkansen. It was so cute~!

Sushi via Shinkansen
The most interesting thing I ate tonight was something that translates as "Cheeseburger Sushi"...let me tell you, what they put on it was not cheese! It was surprisingly sweet, as well.
Let me tell you--that orange stuff isn't cheese. I don't even think it's fake cheese. I have no idea what it is, other than disgusting...


So, what really impressed me was the constant supply of green tea. All you need to do is pour a little powder in your cup and press it against the black lever under the conveyer belt for hot water. 

It was delicious and cheap--a single plate is only around 100 yen (cheap here, at least!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment