Saturday, January 7, 2012

Photo Dump!

So, during the time period of B.C. (Broken Camera, and we're still in this era!), I used the camera attached to my phone to take some pictures. Of course, these pictures were stuck on my phone until I had the time to email them to my computer.

So, without further ado, please take a look at some of the adventures I went on with Okaasan!

First off, on November 26, Okaasan and I went to a nearish shrine that was famous for...healing cancer, I believe? Famous for cancer? I can't remember exactly what Okaasan told me, and I didn't quite understand it all when she told me. Anyways, here are some shots from the shrine. What I remember standing out the most to me was the turtle garden, filled with turtles.



The Main Entrance

The Shrine Bells--first you make a donation, then you ring the bell by shaking the rope, then you pray

It's the turtle garden!

The turtle garden is also a shrine to a Water God!


Then I got the opportunity to go to Osaka-jou (also known as Osaka Castle). I think Okaasan just wanted to drive (she likes driving around), because the park was absolutely too far to walk in the time limit I had, but I managed to take some far off pictures of the castle as well lots of pictures of the gorgeous leaves.
The building rising in the background is Osaka-jou

The ginko trees (called inchou in Japanese) were a delicious buttery yellow golden color that was a feast for the eyes

The setting sun highlighted the autumn leaves in a perfectly lovely way, I think







The colors were gorgeous. Some of the colors were highlighted by being taken though my rose-tinted glasses.

Sorry these are late, but I finally had time to load them all up! And can you believe that the Osaka-jou pictures are from December 4th?!

Kansai region...your seasons amaze this Wisconsinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment