Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Filling the Daruma's Eye

or "Why you won't be getting any more updates for the next two weeks or so."

When I first bought my daruma, it had blank eyes. When you have a goal, first you color in one of your daruma's eyes. When your goal is accomplished, you fill in the other eye.


This is my daruma.

When I was on Winter Break, I really wanted to go to Tokyo, but I didn't want to go alone. So I didn't go. However, I did go to a temple on New Years and buy a daruma. Filling in the daruma's eye, I decided that I was Going To Tokyo.

And now, during Spring Break, I and a bunch of my friends are headed off to Tokyo. Everything's been planned, we're going everywhere from the Ghibli Museum to the Imperial Palace. There will be lots of pictures AND lots of text. It will be six days of fun and joy.

However, I feel that my suitcase will be better off holding clothes and souvenirs than my laptop--so I will not have immediate internet access while in Tokyo. So, no blog posts.

The week after Spring Break is when all my midterms are. Since I am currently taking 5 classes, there will also be no posts that week as well (unless I miraculously decide that I do not need to study and don't need good grades ever again).

And then there will probably just be a week or half a week of recovery. And then there will be posts! Glorious, glorious posts!

So I ask patience from you (and those of you who know me in real life, please stop badgering Dad! He doesn't run my posting schedule!) with a rewarding six to eight posts in April.

Thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment