Friday, March 2, 2012

Meeting the Parents

Today was just a normal Friday, except for one thing: this night I went out to dinner with Okaasan and Hina-chan and met Okaasan's family.

Her family consisted of her grandmother, her father, her mother, her little sister, and her sister's three children (one girl and two boys). And, of course, there was Hina-chan.

We went to a little Italian restaurant where the food was good and the dessert even better. :) One thing I've noticed about Japan is how people really don't do conversation during meal times--there is a period of eating, and as it winds down, conversations start. My Japanese still isn't that good, and I had forgotten my electric dictionary, but I managed to understand a major part of what was being said. Everyone was very impressed my my interest in Japanese and I even managed to teach them some things!! (They laughed a lot at that occurrence!)

 One of the nephews was about my age and is currently going to college in Kyoto (currently my favorite city in all of Japan). We exchanged emails and facebooked each other and we're going to meet up sometime and explore temples together.

No pictures, because I didn't bring my camera to school, and Okaasan picked me up before I came home.

Dinner was delicious and full of pesto.

Also, in more interesting news: I've made all my reservations for my spring trip to Tokyo! For about six or seven days, I'm going without internet contact to explore the wilds of Tokyo--including the fabled GHIBLI MUSEUM which I have wanted to go to since before I knew it existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment