Wednesday, November 9, 2011

She's Back!

So, you all may be wondering why I was out of touch this week....well, it's not that much of a long story, so I will tell you (and then update! update! update! all the blog entries that I've been missing).

To start it off, there was Halloween and the contest I entered, rendering me useless to do homework until 11 at night--and I had conveniently forgotten that I had a powerpoint due the next day. Needless to say, there was no sleep the night of Halloween! Then there was the culture festival, which was a wonderful distraction from just about everything--including schoolwork. Following that was a frantic haste to finish up my midterm paper for my anthropology class--I wanted it done by Friday (though it was due Monday) so I could relax over the weekend.

And then it happened--the weekend. First I went to the Royal Palace in the pouring, then had a belated birthday (2 months!). At this point, I was a little fatigued, and had slept weirdly so my throat got kinda dry at night. The next day I (finally!) went to Fushimi Inari which resides on top of a mountain with no elevator. >.< I had a blast! And then it happened.

DUN DUN DUN.

I got sick. Being sick in Japan is srs bsns (serious business). If you’re sick, you need to buy some horrendously overpriced otc meds (much like in America), but you also need to buy a medical mask. I have no idea why (maybe Japan just doesn’t want to see dripping noses or just wants to stop contagion), but if you’re sick in Japan (or part of the punk subculture…), you wear a medical mask.
Example A: Sick person wearing medical mask

Example B: Part of the punk subculture

Currently, I'm still sniffing along, and Okaasan has unfortunately caught it as well. :(
We're both healing, and look forward to hearing more updates from me~!

No comments:

Post a Comment