Monday, November 21, 2011

Tragedy at Toji

Well today marked a very tragic day for me. For the very first time ever in my life I became a delinquent and skipped class to go to the Toji flea market. It was epic and awesome and I may have bought a couple of more kimono. And some plush owls. :D

And that was when it happened.

Burdened down by my bags, I took my camera off my neck and placed it on a secure-looking post not knowing what was going to happen next.

You probably already know what happened, but I suppose I should just finish the story.

One of the friends I went with didn’t notice my camera and knocked it off its perch and into the local gutter/river thing. Fortunately, the camera part of the camera remained unscathed by water, mud, and breakage, but the lens (for non-camera geeks a.k.a. the most expensive part of the whole camera) made its way into the river and is now recuperating in a bowl of rice as we speak.

It’s not as bad as it could have been—the lens can still take pictures, but the camera doesn’t recognize it as being actually attached to the camera, due to a small piece of plastic breaking off during the fall. Needless to say, after my baby broke, I left Toji and headed back home, heartbroken.

As of right now, I’m still not sure if I can just get a plastic replacement part for the tiny piece that has broken off or if I need to buy a new lens entirely (eek!), but either way, there won’t be many pictures on the blog until my baby’s fixed. I might be able to borrow someone else’s, but, again, nothing is set in stone.

And also a big shout out to my friends who helped me stop panicking over the (apparent) death of my baby and help get me safely home! Thank you so much!

Here's some pictures of Toji before the unfortunate accident:
Look at ALL OF THE THINGS!



Two of my buddies, Erin and Liz. There were about...I want to say four others, but we kept wandering in and out of each other's way, so it was always a changing number.

Also, I'm playing with the formatting of the blog this week, so sorry if your feeds are spammed...

No comments:

Post a Comment