Monday, February 6, 2012

Update~!

So I'm guessing you're all on tenterhooks to hear about my new family (or I could just be the very opposite of humble...let's think for a moment... ;P)

And I admit--it's because I'm living in the tub. The Japanese ofuro may have been the best thing to ever happen to me. It's temperature regulated, designed for soaking, and has a drain if water spills over the edge. I could fall asleep in it (and drown happy!)!

So, yes, it's only day one, and I really like my new host family. Tonight we had squid and tofu! The squid were whole and let me tell you, squid eyes are more bitter than one would expect (crunchier as well)! As of last night, I am officially in love with Hina-chan, the resident three-year-old, and I think I get along well with Okaasan (mom) and Otousan (dad). Otousan has a tendency to joke and laugh a lot--I wish I could understand his jokes!

But already, I have made a mistake--I got off on the wrong bus stop...half an hour away from my host family...in the pouring rain...in the dark. I walked a good quarter mile before I realized that the scenery was very different than what I was looking for... And then, thankfully, I called Okaasan and she came and drove me home!

Today was also the first day of classes! They look pretty challenging, but I'm stepping up to the plate! RAWR! I am the studying champ~! Ha ha. But it's already seeming to be a great start to the semester.

I should probably be in bed now, so I'm going to cut this short, but I'm good, I'm okay...I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Studying champ? I need you back here for my "mystery writing" WCATY class...50 young scholars!

    Can't wait to hear about the new classes and also a pic of Hina-chan with you would be super!

    BTW Bev has some onion seedling peeking out from under the lights!

    ReplyDelete