Friday, April 13, 2012

Sarah Olivia and the Philosopher's Path

So today I skipped my last class and went walking down the Philosopher’s Path with Jaimmika, Becca, Lena, Julian, and Alviera. We had a false start and spent a good deal of time in a sakura grove that we thought started the path, but it was not!


Jaimes, Lena, Alviera, Becca, and Julian








Lookit the cute, little sparrow!


Back: Me, Jaimes, Front: Lena, Becca, Julian

We came at the perfect time--the flowers were in full bloom, but the petals had just started to fall and make it look like everything was covered in a coat of blossoms
But we finally made it to the actual path~!





The weather was cloudy, but the forecast said that the rain wouldn’t start until late at night.





The weather forecast lied.


LIES~!
Here's an interesting thing about hanami--train stations will have charts and guides showing you the exact status of the cherry blossoms, be they in bud, half full, or full blossom. Not only do you get posters in stations, but their website has interactive links as well!


To escape the rain, we entered an arcade. We cleaned the claw machines out! In one try I got three Sesame Street plush keyrings (though not the Cookie Monster I was aiming for) and two alpacas. And in three tries, I managed to get a giant cat plush!


And then I became a Taiko Master!


   ...well not really. I played a game that is basically DDR with taiko drums and J-pop songs. It was so much fun!





Of course, I managed to play the Totoro themesong.

SO. MUCH. FUN.

Then I headed home, realized that the last bus of the night was over two hours earlier and had to call Okaasan for a pick up. How embarrassing...

No comments:

Post a Comment