Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation

Well, it's finally done. I've officially "graduated" from Kansai Gaidai (actually, it was called a "completion ceremony" but details, details...) and I'm done with it all!


done, Done, DONE!!
All thanks to Okaasan--she helped me dress up this morning in kimono and hakama!

Whoo hoo!

Unfortunately, Otousan was sick, so he couldn't make it to the ceremony, so here are all the girls dressed up!

And then there was a lot of crying, for all of us poor students are now to be scattered to the four corners of the world and all that. But it was fun. We had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends and I don't think that anyone regrets this at all.

Hakama Nakama!

This is my sumi-e teacher, Kathleen Scott

Me and a bunch of buddies from the Winter Break dorm time!

Two of the three pieces I put in the sumi-e and ceramics show

Thanks for such a fun year, Kansai Gaidai!

I leave on Tuesday at 9:30 am. Just counting the flights and layovers, it's going to be around 24 hours. I think I may die.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, girl!! We are so proud of you! And we're excited to welcome you home.

    ReplyDelete