Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kimono Fun!

Today Okaasan and I were talking about Kansai Gaidai's "Graduation Ceremony" for international students (only 16 days away, yikes!) and what I was going to wear to it. You see, I have this awesome idea. For the Coming of Age ceremony, I had neither furisode or hakama.

Well, I don't have a furisode, but that's okay! Okaasan and I decided to use a short sleeved kimono with hakama, the traditional clothing of female students for celebrations.

There are many different types of hakama, which are basically pants, but the one I'm wearing is the female version, so it's like a skirt covering or something. 

It was our first time, so the kimono is kinda messy, but with practice, we'll get better!


Of course, Hina wanted to join in the fun, so she got on her furisode as well.



 

After that, I brought down some of my haori (basically a short coat) and played around with Hina-chan.





It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment