Monday, May 28, 2012

Last Day

It's my last night in Japan and it is with blurry eyes that I write this blog.

I did a ton of things today, I closed my bank account, met with my friends, discovered that I could not check in electronically for either of my two flights, played on the playground with the neighborhood kids, and had a farewell dinner with my family.

I started tearing up when I thanked them for their kindness in hosting me, my voice cracked, and then I was gone! Oh man, I will miss them all so much.

On the positive side, I taught Okaasan how to use Skype, so we can try that when I return to the United States.

There will be a series of introspective shorts on Japanese culture and reflections on Japan in the coming weeks, as I readjust to just about everything American and such.

The time I'm going to spend in airports and planes alone (not counting waiting for my 9:30am flight) equates to about 24 hours, so I'm sure I'll be surly and jetlagged when I come home (sorry Mom, Dad, and Em!) and won't want to write any blog entries.

Japan was amazing and I've made so many good friends here--I'll just have to travel around and meet up with them again, won't I?

Thank you Japan, it's been great and I'll be back!

Signing Off,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment