Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pencil Sharpeners and Festivals

Today I finally bought a pencil sharpener. I had searched high and low for one in many different shops, before finally finding one right under my nose in the campus bookstore. Japanese take their stationary stuff seriously, so it’s of good quality (which is good because I spent over a buck on it due to that darn exchange rate!). 

I’m finding it useful already and it cuts really nicely. And yes, if you’re wondering, I have spent the past month or so using presharpened pencils that I brought from home and I haven’t sharpened them until now (yes, I adore the old fashioned pencils despite being in a mechanical pencil-ized Japan…). Maybe as souvenirs for everyone, I’ll just bring back the incredibly high-quality stationary stuff Japan has to offer!

This weekend I’m going on a fieldtrip for my anthropology class to the Fall Festival (aki matsuri). I’m not really sure what to expect, but there’s sure to be pictures up and around sometime after. This festival also has a danjiri, but will be taking place at night, so I’m all excited over how I don’t have my tripod with me to capture the lights display. >.< But it’ll be fun, the teacher knows a bunch of people in the area and is getting reservations for dinner there!

No comments:

Post a Comment