Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yet Another Culinary Adventure

Today I had another culinary adventure—I tried a traditional Japanese breakfast food consisting of raw egg, soy sauce and rice. It was…interesting, but (as I told Okaasan), years of cultural conditioning not to eat raw eggs keeps me wary. Then, we had tea time and Okaasan showed me the ways of the tea ceremony (called sado) and how to properly mix tea. It was interesting and fun, and then we started talking about traditional Japanese sweets and wagashi (another type of sweets). I’ve done reports on this, so I know my stuff, and Okaasan was surprised.

Hannah also came over for a visit. We had tea and cakes and then we played around with monster stickers we had bought yesterday for a little bit. It was pretty fun. I also learned some new grammar to use so that I can jump up to the next level next semester.

They're a little blurry, but so cute~! Also, they're heat sensitive, so if you press them, they change color!


Okaasan and Hannah

TEA AND CAKES (also frozen pudding)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE RAW EGG + SOY SAUCE OVER RICE.

    I saw some little kid do it in this cultural video we watched freshman year of high school and all of my classmates were like "Ew." But naturally I ran home and tried it.

    ReplyDelete