Monday, September 26, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

Well, my days of all-day internet have come to a close; Okaasan picked me up from the dorms today, and we headed back home, where I gleefully reconciled with my long lost friends—home-cooked meals and my own personal sink. 

Otherwise, it was a mild day that coincided with my Japanese bank account finally opening up (after 3 *&^%$#@@ weeks (with me being unable to deposit or withdraw money)!) So now I don’t have to pay out of my pocket for food, which is pretty nice. I also won’t have to pay exorbitant international fees to get money (thank goodness) anymore.

Moe wanted to meet and talk with me today, but I decided after several texts and a half hour of waiting, to just ditch it and head back to the dorms (my checkout time was nigh). But hopefully we can meet tomorrow!

Also, right at the Autumn Equinox, the weather has turned for the chillier. Like I mean, before (summer) it was around 95 F and really humid. Now it’s like 77 F and really dry. I know those of you living in colder climes will all be like, “whatever, Sarah. We’ve already had frost.” But the sudden change is disconcerting. Luckily, now that I’m back in the house, I have all of my clothes, including my “colder weather” (which I won’t use because I mean, 77 is still balmy, but still it’s good to be prepared).

No comments:

Post a Comment