Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Slow Tuesday

Today I planned my trip to Kyoto this weekend with Moe. We’re going to Kiyomizudera (a shrine), the Genji Museum (wheee!) and a Studio Ghibli Shop. I’m so excited~!

In sumi-e, we started to learn how to create orchids; I find it pretty (easy) and made 14 pieces today. I’m on a roll! There will be pictures up eventually. I’ve moved from “full length” pieces of paper to square ones (“full length” ripped in half), so that’s why I made so many. I have a good feeling about these. I also started painting in color.

Also, in class, we were talking about seasons…apparently this 80 degree F weather is considered the middle of autumn. Yeah, I was surprised too. This is because the Japanese use the Chinese solar calendar for determining the seasons. I can understand this; also we’re super closer to the equator than Wisconsin. I’m just still having trouble believing that there’s going to be no snow for winter….

No comments:

Post a Comment