Monday, September 19, 2011

Seminar House 4

Today is a national holiday. It’s called “Respect for the Aged Day,” so no school today. It was pretty quiet; I sewed and studied, Okaasan went out to talk to friends. 

It was a pretty lazy day and then, after dinner, I moved back into the Seminar Houses (#4 this time), because Okaasan is going to Tokyo for the birth of her grandchild. Moving into the Seminar House was way less stressful than I thought it was going to be. Okaasan gave me many presents of food before we left (including the infamous cup ramen along with doughnuts of all things…) and we were off. Surprisingly enough, even though it was very early twilight, there were dozens of bats swooping around the rice paddies. I love bats, even though the rest of the world doesn’t, and Okaasan is always surprised by this.

The Seminar House is nice; so far I haven’t really ventured outside of my room, but I’m the only occupant in a two-person room and I don’t have to pay for it. Now if I could only figure out where the bathroom is….
                                                                          
Witness my poor decorating skills!
Also for dinner I had some sort of pork veggie wrap. I got to help decorate, but Okaasan took one look at my “decorating” and said she’d teach me when she gets back from Tokyo. Oh well…

And now for some fun stats!

Weirdest thing I’ve done in Japan so far: eaten corn on the cob with chopsticks
Weirdest thing I’ve eaten in Japan so far: breakfast toast heaped with cheese, onions, ham, and mushrooms, slathered in Tabasco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment